TriStar forms and invests in early-stage companies across the spectrum of healthcare innovation: life sciences, diagnostics, medical devices and technologies, healthcare IT and healthcare services. These represent the specific areas in which TriStar can add significant strategic value.
Initial investments may range from $100,000 to $1,000,000, with a target total investment of between $1,000,000 to $2,000,000 over the life of the investment.
General Investment Considerations
- Protected (or protectable) intellectual property position
- Significant addressable market size
- Sound science with engaged inventor(s)
- Involvement of individuals with domain expertise (management, advisors, Board)
- Validated unmet market need
- Well articulated strategy for reimbursement and regulatory approval, if applicable